Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thirty, The Weekend

What to write about. There are the past four days in which I was able to spend time at home, with some little kiddos, play many video games, finish a book, and got to hang out with one of my best friends. But my heart isn't into writing on that. With the advent of Sunday evening, my friend is back in Texas, the video game of the month is on another computer, and sleep requirements will force me to bed around 9 tonight. My body which has been delighting in the antics of the past four days is slowing down in preparation for switching back to "school" mode. But my mind, as with many people, isn't slowing down fast enough. So I sit here relaxed and ready to head to bed while my mind relives different portions of the weekend. Whether it's letting a 2 year old roll over me on his inflatable ball or pondering conversation topics from yesterday and how they ranged, it's all being reviewed and archived somewhere in my head. Only downside is that I usually can't access those specifics after a week or so since the neural relations just aren't maintained. Such is my brain.

I'll be resting soon and at least for tonight I will have vivid dreams.

No comments: