Thursday, November 8, 2007

Eleven, Hope Junction

I have a couple of comparison shots set up today. The one where everything is caked over in ice are shots I took when I was there. The ones with water flowing are ones my Alaskan friend took some other time when it wasn't as cold.

These two are almost the same shot

These two are another shot
An excerpt from March 18th, 2006:
"It was breath-taking. We stopped near Hope Junction and got out of the car and walked a short area from the road. I was a bit hesitant because it was downhill slightly. But when I arrived, Oh. My. There was a little wooden bridge crossing over a partially frozen over creek which was deep down the little canyon merging with another creek a little beyond the bridge just beyond the end of the canyon where there was a shoreline on the opposite side that came down to the merging of the creeks. And the trees were covered in the fresh snow that even then was falling adding to the magical quality of the spot. It was beautiful. And on the other side of the bridge was a small cave with a short ice waterfall coming out of it. It looked like some fantastical place where hidden ice dragons were harboring their captives and there was even a pathway across an icy slope up to it that involved crossing an ice bridge with flowing icy water underneath."

And, just because it's one of the neat shots I took back then

That was a magical trip. Between seeing a good friend of mine and getting a chance to visit Alaska and San Francisco in one go, it was memorable.

No comments: