Monday, November 12, 2007

Sixteen, Goop

Imagining that the lava lamp in your room is about to take off like Duck Dodger's ship, straight backwards down through my dresser into the 4th year student's room down below me. That would be a surprise. Then again, we live in apartments so I'm sure we're used to oddities involving the neighbours. Just this morning after I'd woken up and had finished brushing my teeth I heard a loud thump from the floor above me. Instantly, a car alarm began going off. It went off for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if my roommate was awakened. During the minute and half it shrieked, I thought up the possibility that it might be an actual alarm clock sound. I have to admit it would be effective at waking me up, and possibly giving me injuries as I bolt out of bed banging my knee on the cabinet near my bed and tripping over my chair falling against either my computer desk or the nightstand near the doorway. One has a lot of corners and edges and made of particle-board, the other has a beard trimmer on it and is made of real wood. Maybe that's what happened to the poor soul upstairs.

Or maybe my lava lamp blasted off upwards, striking the resident's car keys at the precise speed and angle to cause the car alarm outside to go off. The sounds of the lava lamp
ripping through the floor is what shook him/her awake wondering if the world was ending. Seeing a green-gooped cylinder flying up through the ceiling would not have helped. Then, as I finished up in the bathroom and was exiting, the rocket/lamp made a quick stop to pick up some resident aliens (extraterrestrial, not illegal...although I assume without a visa, extraterrestrials would also be illegal) who setup super-speed nanobots to rapidly fix up the damage to the apartment. As I walk out of the bathroom, I look around and everything looks normal. Until I noticed the one alien who had mistakenly gone through the wrong porthole and entered into the Goop Zone of the lava lamp. He was slowly floating around bumping into other Goop Balls. Eventually his misshapen form dissolved completely and became one with the Goop.

Goop.

hehe

Goop.

No comments: