Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Nine, Numbers

I like the numbers 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10. 1 is the bystander but somewhat good--usually above whatever is going on in number-land. I don't like 3, 6, and 9. My favorites are 5 and 7 and in my mind they're the ones destined to be together forever but for the jealous number 6 always getting in the way. Funny thing is, I've disliked 6 since early on, before my exposure to the Christian aversion to the number 6. I just didn't like how it looked. In my mind 6 always used evil tricks to keep 7 out of commission so that it could get extra time with 5. And of course, 9 was just 6 flipped so it was always a cohort. 9's job was usually to restrain 8 if it could because often 8 would team up with 7 to take out 6 so 7 could be with 5. And 4 always seemed like a fierce fatherly or brotherly figure to 5, working hard to keep 5 safe (sorry, 5 was the "damsel in distress" more often than not and remember, back then you saw the Princess once in Mario after defeating 8 worlds of enemies so damsels in distress were pretty useless). 3 was the evil mom or sister of 6 and would usually work on 4 to keep him from helping out 5. You would think all is lost except that 2 and 10 come into the arena. These are the idealized Do-Gooders. They have no relations to the other numbers (well, there are rumors that 4 is 2's illegitimate multiple but it's never been proven who the other number is) but they believe in true love and work to overthrow true evil. To that end, 2 easily keep 3 off of 4's back while, whenever 10 is written down in a sequence, he does a good job of keeping 9 busy.

Today is November 6th and this is the 9th posting. I shall make no more posts this horrid day.

(In other news, who Remembered yesterday?)

No comments: