Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thirty-seven, Phone Calls

So I was meeting up with a friend at the local Best Buy and was calling him to ascertain his location within the store. Of course, I happen to hit the incorrect speed-dial button and get his younger brother instead, who is currently in New Orleans with AmeriCorps. I say hey to him and then explain that I meant to get his brother. We joke about this for a minute but I realize that some part of him might be hurt by the fact that I didn't call Just to Talk. But I rarely do this. I am making a more concerted effort to do so with my friend in Texas with his new job but even he can claim that I don't call him as much as he calls me. This is not to say that I don't enjoy speaking with them, just that calling people hundreds of miles away just to talk isn't something that usually occurs to me.

No comments: