Monday, December 31, 2007

Sixty-eight, Names

It's getting a bit confusing probably keeping track of all my good friends. So here I am attempting a listing of them and with names that I chose not by asking them, but based on characteristics that come to my mind.

Valiben - My baby cousin. I love her.

Beatnik - We've known each other since elementary school and our mutual love for video games. He has a English deg...my bad, an English degree and as of this year is pursuing work with AmeriCorps for nine months before starting graduate school. He is the youngest from a family that has welcomed me into their arms as one of their own. I am proud to be called one of their brothers.

Lord Chaos - The next oldest brother to the Beatnik, his propensity to know all sorts of information is well documented by us and well-respected. His steadfast attitude has often been a rock for me during unsure times both during my undergraduate career and currently during my professional one.

Engineer - This is our Texan friend--Texan because he began his post-collegiate career at a job down there recently. I met him through The Beatnik during my middle school years. If there is anyone I can easily identify with at times, it is this fellow. Apparently we hated each other early on but neither of us recall this. Our similar left-brain thinking often leads us to talk to each other since we can quickly grasp the other's concerns.

Alaskan - She went up there for an exchange year and fell in love with the place. She went up to study bears and ended up studying bugs although she has yet to pursue a degree in Entomology. Still, it was wonderful and I even got a chance to visit her while it was cold and wintery with many feet of snow everywhere during the month of...March!

Roommate - Also an engineer by trade, he and I have roomed together since 2003 when I moved into his dorm room. These days we have an apartment and we live well enough with each other knowing each other's abilities and limits. He is strong in his faith as well as in his collection of electronics ranging from the expected television/DVD Player to the exciting multiple gaming systems.

Crazy Blonde - She too is a friend I made during my college years. She has one of the cutest dogs I've known who loves me very much. She's also crazy. My bad, she's willing to study crazies since she has or almost has her Psychology degree.

Chris - I know, it's odd that I'm calling one of them by name, but it will make more sense when I explain it a little bit. I met him during his sophomore year in college and he, for whatever reason, became a permanent fixture on our extra chair in our dorm room (granted we did have an open door policy while we were awake). After one semester of having him in, playing games with him, heading out for some dinner as a group, I returned from Winter Break and promptly called him Chris instead of his real name. I have yet to live this down, so here's some revenge.

The Kids - Two friends who actually met the Beatnik first since they went to college with him (he went elsewhere than the Engineer and I). They're actually approaching graduation themselves but seeing that they began college the year I was finishing...they're kids now and always. One is a calm, wonderful girl while the other is a hyperexcitable flexible boy. They provide us with lot of great joy, both of the nice, "That's pleasant" type and of the "I need to beat something to feel better" type.

BRS (Biker/Runner/Swimmer) - Yup, he's an athlete. And he's a classmate of mine. We have been helping each other pass our exams for the past year and a half and we both realize the difference studying together has made to our grades. He's a married man as of yesterday (Dec 30th) and I wish him well!

Hmm...I'm having a harder time with the next two in-as-much-as their pseudonames are concerned. [thinking]

Woodwind - We marched in high school band together. She played clarinet, I played tuba. I never let her live it down! Hehe, BRASS RULES, WOODWINDS DROOL! She is currently dating Lord Chaos and somehow keeps him in check sometimes.

Amish Girl - I'm sorry, but when I think of a description of her, this pops into my mind. Truthfully there is nothing Amish about her other than there is a drop of that blood that runs in her family. She is one of my more studious classmates at medical school and the one I know best out of all of them.

That is it for the major players. There are others and I'll come up with names as I continue my blogging adventures. I just wanted to take a few minutes to spell them out to those who might wonder who these random "good friends" are in my life.

No comments: