Monday, December 10, 2007

Fourty-eight, Spic-n-Span

Some people write, others bake, others go running/biking, and others play games (myself included). But every now and then, I get this different urge. I only perform it because of how rewarding it is at the time I do it. I often have to wait for a month or so before doing it so I get the best satisfaction from it. And oddly enough, the best tools I have to do it with are my own two hands and the sweat from my brow.

Today I woke up and knew I was cleaning the bathroom. Not just a cursory job, but getting down on hands and knees to scrub the floor grit out of the tiles and wiping down every surface in that place (except the ceiling which has paint "wrinkles"). And usually it has been about a month since the last cleaning session so the tub has built-up grit in the bottom that I get a lot of satisfaction from getting rid of with the stiff-bristle brush. It's like the grit is an enemy force that has set foot in the pure land of my bathroom and I'm the one-man army to fight them back with my different magical spells like "409" and "Soft Scrub" and "Clorox." The only thing missing was some soap stuff to use on the floor to mop it with a rag and my two hands to free it of the ground-in grit.

I will hopefully add the ancient scroll of Mr. Clean and the Gauntlets of Safety to my ranks tomorrow!

No comments: