Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One Hun'red and Twenty-four, Texan-speak!

As my travel partner pointed out in the previous entry's comment section, we learned some new words while down south thanks to the Engineer. We had fun with them so here they are in no particular order!

doing = durin'
ex. How you durin'? How's your Momma* durin'?

Texans are always "fixin" to do stuff.
ex. I'm fixin to go to work and my Momma's* fixin to take care of my dog!!

dumping = tumping
ex. Well, I'm fixin to tump your Momma* dear son/daughter/offspring.

poke/ticklish jab = joog (spelling is approximated)
ex. You'd better not be fixin to tump my Momma* or I'll joog you!

hundred = hun'red
ex. This'll be the last time I ask how yer Momma's* durin' because I'm fixin to live through a hun'red lives before I interact with that woman I'm tumping, joog or no joog!



*always ask about Momma!

No comments: